- Between the needs of public health and free markets: the Scottish Minimum Alcohol pricing saga nears the end… what now?
- Roam Like at Home–an idea yesterday, today almost a reality!
- Patented or generic? Time for the CMA to speak on pharmaceutical ‘pay-for-delay’ arrangements
- And then we came to the end, or perhaps not! The Court of Justice speaks on the Scottish alcohol minimum pricing legislation!
- The Consumer Rights Act enters in force–a brave new world of consumer protection?
Monthly Archives: October 2012
Just when we thought that Russian/European energy adventures could be left to simmer away in Brussels… here comes the announcement that BP has disposed of its 50% interest in TNK/BP in exchange for Rosneft shares. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20030610 Given the importance of … Continue reading
Cold winters loom large? From Gazprom to the war of words on tariffs in the UK-the quest for efficient and open energy markets knows no end!
The energy sector has represented a key target for the competition enforcement activities of the EU Commission for a considerable time. This activity has accompanied and in some cases followed the enactment of legislation designed to liberalise the markets for … Continue reading
If it was a TV series, we could safely say that we are watching the second instalment of the "story" of Scottish legislation introducing minmum prices on alcoholic beverages. The end of September saw the EU Commission stating that … Continue reading